A few weeks ago, I stumbled on a yarn called Our Solar System. Our ever growing little person loves all things solar system so I thought it would make a great yarn for a new hat. If you visit the site, you will see how the stripes are based on the distance between the planets. Very cool.
It was a good week to get such a lovely skein of yarn because it offset a bit of unraveling I had to do on a shawl this morning. I guess I should always have more lights on when I knit textured sections because this morning, I found a glaring mistake about four rows back (300+ stitch rows). It was not possible to fix it and I knew I would end up being very disappointed if I kept going forward. So, I took a deep breath and pulled out those four rows. Fortunately the yarn is sticky enough to hold its shape so I was able to pick up the stitches and very happy to find that it matched the stitch count on the pattern. Crisis averted.
And now it is Friday afternoon. A berry crumble is cooling in the kitchen and it is time for some more knitting and reading and easing into the weekend.